African Communities Foundation Australia (ACFA, formerly Eastern and Central Africa Communities of Victoria and African Holistic Services) is a state-wide emerging and inclusive organisation that aims to bring together African-Australians in Victoria who trace their genealogy mainly from various African countries as well as those who feel connected to Africa. One among its many objectives is to address issues that impact on their settlement in Australia.
ACFA was established in 1998 to provide a forum where common issues of settlement could be collectively dealt with. ACFA is an Incorporated Body registered under the Associations Incorporations Act 1984.
Our vision is of a vibrant African-Australian community thriving and participating in a diverse Australian society.
Our mission is to support the integration of African migrants and Africans with refugee background in the Australian society through the provision of culturally-sensitive services.
Our Goals and Strategic Plan
- Provide targeted information to clients and communities
- Advocacy for the needs of African immigrants
- Provision of advice and support services in a culturally sensitive manner
- Promoting and celebrating diversity and heritage
- Strategic alliances to promote integration of African migrants and refugees
- A leading credible voice on African issues within Australia
- Diversifying and mobilizing resources and services