We are grateful for a number of dedicated volunteers who help to deliver programs for African Australians. We welcome volunteers and are currently accepting expressions of interest for volunteers in the following programs:
- Fitzroy Reading Club: Volunteers are needed to help Primary School children with their homework and have fun reading and playing games! This program runs on Tuesday and Friday afternoons during the school term.
- Noble Park Kids Club: Help run a range of activities for Primary School children; sports, craft, cooking and homework help. This program runs on Wednesdays afternoons from 4pm to 6pm.
- Occasional events: Help out with occasional events such as sports tournaments, social gatherings and school holiday programs.
- Youth Reference Group: Provides social, employment and skills development programs and a safe environment to incubate and promote ideas. Youth Reference Group seeks to advance young peoples interests and ultimately influence policy direction at various levels.
- Noble Park office: Assist with administrative tasks and support people who use the centre with computer assistance, form completion and other needs.
Teaching English: volunteer teachers are needed to teach beginners English and advanced English for university students. Classes are currently held on a Saturday but help on other days may be possible.
Volunteers are accepted for work with ACFA subject to the outcome of a Police Records Check.